As the University continues to expand its academic programs in response to the University's Strategic Plan, academic officials will work in concert with Assistant Provost Serenity King to prepare proposals for new degree and certificate programs and requests for approval from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), The University of Texas System (UT System), and the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB).
- New Academic Certificate Program Forms
- New Professional Certificate Program Forms
- New Degree Program Forms
- New Concentration or Minor Form
- Administrative Change Request Forms (e.g. changing an existing degree program or creating a new or changing an existing department)
- Research Unit Request Forms
- Joint or Dual Degree Programs
Reporting the Various Types of Substantive Changes
New programs and some changes to existing programs may require prior approval from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, our primary accrediting agency. In such cases, this prospectus must be completed. Some changes may require only prior notification rather than prior approval. Please refer to the approval matrix for substantive change procedures. You will also want to review the SACSCOC Policy on Substantive Changes for complete details.