Master of Arts in Art History
The Master’s program in Art History at UT Dallas introduces students to a global history of art through close engagement with artworks held in Dallas-Fort Worth collections. In their coursework and independent research projects, students explore a broad range of material across geography, chronology, and medium, building a strong foundation in historiography, theory, and professional practices.
- Conduct archival, object-based, and digital research at a professional level
- Apply deep knowledge of the field of art history to contemporary practices
- Formulate, develop, and execute long-term research projects
- Communicate ideas effectively in written and oral form for a wide variety of audiences
- Collaborate in interdisciplinary work across institutions