Office of the Provost

Administrative Change Request Forms

THECB Notification Form for Administrative Change (Updated 4/2021) or the appropriate form(s) as noted for the requested change

Administrative changes include the creation of new administrative units (such as departments or new schools) as well as changes to existing administrative units, such as a name change, consolidation of existing units, moving degree programs into another unit, renaming or closing existing degree programs, changing a degree's program length, or a Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP) code change. These administrative change requests must be submitted using the THECB Notification Form for Administrative Changes (Updated 4/2021) or the specific Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) form(s) as notated for the requested administrative change. Some of these types of changes no longer require approval by The UT System Office of Academic Affairs (OAA) but still require THECB approval. Other administrative changes continue to require approval from both The UT System OAA and THECB.

Additionally, some of these administrative changes, for example, changing a degree's program length or adding and/or closing a delivery method/modality, may require Southern Association of Colleges Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) notification and/or approval per its Substantive Change Policy and Procedures.

For assistance with any administrative change request, please contact Dr. Serenity Rose King, associate provost for policy and program coordination via email or by telephone at 972.883.6749.

Change Request Forms to Create or Rename Academic Administrative Units

  • Establish a New School (or College or Division)
  • Establish a New Department
  • Change College, School, or Department Name and Retain Existing Degree Programs
  • Administrative Movement of Existing Degree Programs from an Academic Unit to Another Academic Unit

Changes to Existing Degree Programs Forms

Please review the THECB's Guidelines Related to Changes to Existing Programs (2/2012 version) on whether the proposed changes to existing degree programs should be presented as a new degree program.

  • Change Degree or Certificate Program Name or Degree Designation
  • Change Classification of Instructional Program (CIP) Code
  • Consolidate Degree, Minor, or Certificate Programs or Delivery Method/Modality: School/Department Request
  • Close Degree, Minor, or Certificate Program: School/Department Request
  • Close / Consolidate Degree or Certificate Program or Delivery Method/Modality: Other
  • Change Degree Program Length (SCH) for Single Major Degree Programs
  • Change Degree Program Length for Double Major Undergraduate Degree Programs
  • Develop Internal Double Majors / Double Degrees
  • Offer Existing Programs Off-Campus
  • Offer Existing Programs Online
  • Offer Self-Supporting Cohort or Executive Education Version of an Existing Degree Program