Bachelor of Science in Finance
Upon successful completion of the BS in Finance degree program, graduates will be able to demonstrate proficiency in both practical and theoretical financial decision-making by developing the financial knowledge and analytical skills necessary to make sound decisions given the resources available. Students will develop the following marketable skills:
- Gain both the practical and theoretical skills required to manage the finances of an enterprise.
- Understand the basics of financial accounting statements and how to analyze them for financial decision-making.
- Understand how to manage current assets and liabilities, to evaluate long-term investments and to select an optimal financial structure.
- Understand how to apply quantitative methods and financial software to improve the quality and timeliness of financial decision-making.
- Understand techniques and common approaches for the valuation of assets, calculations of required returns, management of portfolio risk and return and evaluation of portfolio performance.
- Build critical thinking and analytical reasoning to solve a mix of theoretical and real-world problems.