Master of Science in Systems Engineering and Management (P-SEM) - Executive Education
A MS degree in Systems Engineering and Management is an ideal advanced degree for professionals with a solid engineering or quantitative background and a desired managerial and leadership career path with a significant technology component. A P-SEM degree can help its graduates perform better in their current positions or even assume roles of greater responsibility within their organizations.
MS P-SEM degree gives students a holistic view of the technical workplace that sheds light on how every process, project and design concept - along with their management & development - affects the performance, revenues and profitability of the business.
Our degree provides flexibility and scalability with industry-specific management and development, as well as the tool set necessary for future professional movement into positions requiring greater leadership and management skills. The Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technology and Systems (BS ITS) aspires to provide a program of courses and field experiences that provide students with both practical and theoretical knowledge required to have a career in the information technology and systems function of the organization. The curriculum prepares graduates who understand business process and how data and information technology systems support these processes. Graduates can utilize critical thinking skills to identify and analyze system requirements that will be used in the development or selection of organizational-wide information systems and support managerial decision making. Graduates from the program obtain a wide variety of careers in information technology and systems such as software development, web development, data analytics, cybersecurity, systems administration, and database administration. Graduates from the program will have the following skills:
- Technical management and leadership: Ability to manage personnel and resources critical to ensure efficient and profitable processes are implemented across an organization
- Communications, organization and presentation: Ability to communicate both managerial and technical concepts to people from different backgrounds and cultures across a range of mediums - including verbal, written and visual communications
- Problem-solving: With a broad view of how technical organizations operate, develop solutions that not only address challenges within individual areas or departments, but that also take into account the mission and culture of the entire business
- Engineering management: Incorporate mathematical and quantitative skills, coupled with critical management and leadership training, to manage the complexities of highly technical organizations
- Technical project design, management and development: Ability to leverage advanced engineering management skills to effectively design, develop and manage both large and small-scale projects using proven industry methodologies