Bachelor of Science in Public Affairs
Upon successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Public Affairs, UT Dallas graduates create a foundation for understanding American governmental and public institutions. Graduates will gain knowledge of management principles involved in strategic human resources management, leadership techniques, and become familiar with the broad and complex economic, financial and legal environments within which public and nonprofit institutions function.
- Develop an understanding of the political, economic and social factors that influence decision-making in government and nonprofit organizations.
- Effectively communicate in written and oral forms of communication.
- Work collaboratively in teams and manage conflict.
- Develop research and writing skills to work in contemporary and future public, nonprofit and business organizations.
- Develop coordination, active listening and leadership skills by participating in a real field assignment, via a service learning project, aimed at improving the performance of an operating government or nonprofit organization.