Process for Capstone and Non-Capstone Agreements
Some schools at The University of Texas at Dallas (UT Dallas) offer its eligible students the opportunity to solve real-life business problems for a company through specific Capstone senior courses or Non-Capstone courses. Dr. Serenity Rose King, associate vice president for institutional success and decision support, is the university's official who has signature authority to execute these agreements.
- NOTE: There are three schools at UT Dallas that have internal processes for their capstone projects. Faculty may contact the primary contact in these schools; however, the primary school contact needs to ensure the appropriate agreement template is used for Capstone or Non-Capstone course(s). The school contact is advised to consult with Dr. King for additional assistance if needed. She can be reached by email or telephone, 972.883.6749.
- UTDesign Capstone® at the Erik Jonsson School of Engineering and Computer Science
- UTDsolv Capstone Senior Project at the Naveen Jindal School of Management
- UTDiscovery Capstone at the School of Natural Sciences and Mathematics; contact Dr. Vladimir Dragovic by email or telephone, 972.883.6694, for additional information
- If the course is a Non-Capstone course, for example, an elective course on the undergraduate or graduate level, and the project involves a company, then this particular template, UTD Class Project NDA Form, will be used.
- The school interacts with the company.
- If the company does not accept the University's Capstone or Non-Capstone agreement as written, then contact the Office of Contracts Administration by email, OCA@UTDallas.edu for additional assistance. Dr. King's signature authority does not extend to altered templates.
- The final agreement will be signed by the school, the company, and the participating student(s).
- As the University's signatory, Dr. King will be the final signature prior to execution.