Process for Capstone and Non-Capstone Agreements
Some schools at The University of Texas at Dallas (UT Dallas) offer its eligible students the opportunity to solve real-life business problems for a company through specific Capstone senior courses or Non-Capstone courses. Dr. Serenity Rose King, associate provost for program and policy coordination, is the university's official who has signature authority to execute these agreements.
- NOTE: There are three schools at UT Dallas that have internal processes for their capstone projects. Faculty may contact the primary contact in these schools; however, the primary school contact needs to ensure the appropriate agreement template is used for Capstone or Non-Capstone course(s). The school contact is advised to consult with Dr. King for additional assistance if needed. She can be reached by email or telephone, 972.883.6749.
- UTDesign Capstone® at the Erik Jonsson School of Engineering and Computer Science
- UTDsolv Capstone Senior Project at the Naveen Jindal School of Management
- UTDiscovery Capstone at the School of Natural Sciences and Mathematics; contact Dr. Vladimir Dragovic by email or telephone, 972.883.6694, for additional information
- If the course is a Non-Capstone course, for example, an elective course on the undergraduate or graduate level, and the project involves a company, then this particular template, UTD Class Project NDA Form, will be used.
- The school interacts with the company.
- If the company does not accept the University's Capstone or Non-Capstone agreement as written, then Brian Scott, Senior Manager Industry Contracts, in the Office of Sponsored Projects needs to be contacted by email or telephone, 972.883.4552. Dr. King's signature authority does not extend to altered templates.
- The final agreement will be signed by the school, the company, and the participating student(s).
- As the University's signatory, Dr. King will be the final signature prior to execution.