Office of the Provost

Frequently Requested Administrative Changes (change degree program length, change degree name, or change CIP code)

For convenience, the visual flow chart for Frequently Requested Administrative Changes is displayed here to assist faculty to understand the internal and external governance process at a glance.

The frequently requested administrative changes are listed below with embedded links to the appropriate webpages.

  • Request to Change Degree Program Length (SCH) for Single Major Degree Programs
  • Request to Change Degree or Certificate Program Name or Degree Designation
  • Request to Change Classification of Instructional Program (CIP) Code

If you need to create new degree programs or new certificates, please review the Academic Forms website to obtain instructions.

These frequently requested administrative changes must be submitted using the appropriate form, either the THECB Notification Form for Administrative Changes (Updated 4/2021) or the specific Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) form(s). These types of changes no longer require approval by The UT System Office of Academic Affairs (OAA) but still require THECB approval. However, changing a degree's program length may require Southern Association of Colleges Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) notification and/or approval per its Substantive Change Policy and Procedures.

For assistance with any of these frequently requested administrative change request or creating new academic programs, please contact Dr. Serenity Rose King, associate vice president for institutional success and decision support via email or by telephone at 972.883.6749.

  1. Pursuant to school’s bylaws.