Request a New Concentration Form
Effective with the fall 2017 catalog, new concentrations  should be approved by the program faculty. Additional school approvals should be sought as needed pursuant to the school’s bylaws. As requested by Committee on Educational Policy and approved by Academic Senate on February 17, 2016, all new concentrations must be submitted to Dr. Serenity Rose King, associate vice president for institutional success and decision support, who will review them for compliance with THECB and SACSCOC standards.
For assistance with concentrations, please contact Dr. King by email or by telephone at 972.883.6749
Approval Process for Concentrations
- Evidence of vote/approval by program and/or school faculty
- Submit the completed New Concentration Template to Dr. King by email.
- Council for Undergraduate Education or Graduate Council approval
- Committee on Educational Policy approval
- Academic Council/Senate approval
- The term Concentration is often used interchangeably with other terms such as Designation, Emphasis, Option, Pathway, Specialization, or Track.
- Pursuant to school's bylaws.