UT Dallas Policy Memoranda:
Academic Programs and Research
Organized academic and research programs often form the core of a new faculty member's view of a university. A number of policies focus specifically on these vital areas within the Academic Affairs division. Of particular interest to a new faculty member is the policy that requires regular and extensive review of each academic program. Also of concern to a new faculty member is the policy that details the university procedures related to intellectual property rights.
UT Dallas policies focused on academic programs include:
- Academic Certificate Programs;
- Academic Program Abandonment;
- Academic Program Review;
- Continuing and Extended Education Activities;
- Internship Policy;
- Policy for Administration of Courses Offered in a Shortened Format;
- Policy on Procedures for Completing a Graduate Degree.
UT Dallas policies focused on research programs include:
- Procedure for Dealing with Allegations of Research Misconduct or Fraud;
- Controlled Items, Precursor Chemicals and Chemical Laboratory Apparatus;
- Intellectual Property Policy;
- Research Faculty;
- Research Investigator Financial Disclosure;
- Responsibilities of Principal Investigators and Project Directors.